Nearest town: Chipping Norton (3m by car)
Opening Times: 08:00 to 19:30 (last takeoff) and sunset (last landing)
Longest Runway: 1100m, Asphalt
Fuel: AVGAS 100LL, JET A1
Phone: 01608 677208
Landing fees: Single £ 8.50, twin £17.00, microlight £ 5.00, multiple landings £20.00
- Taxis: Charlbury Taxis (01608 810 501), Evenlode Valley Travel (01608 810 035), Pete’s Taxis (07854 179 673)
- Car Hire: Hertz (01865 856555, www.hertz.com), Target (01295 265432, www.targetvehiclehire.co.uk)
- Enstone Flying Club
- Facilities at airport: Snacks, including home-made cakes.
- The Crown Inn, Church Enstone, 01608 677262. 17th century inn listed in the Good Pub Guide. Food and real ales.
- The Carpenter’s Arms, 122 North Street, Middle Barton, Chipping Norton, 01869 340378. Quiz nights on Tuesdays.
- The Falkland Arms, The Green, Great Tew, Chipping Norton, 01608 683653. Excellent food, a huge draw in the local area, good range of beers.
- The Chequers, Goddards Lane, Chipping Norton, 01608 644717. Well-sourced British cuisine with an attractive covered courtyard.
- Tollgate Inn and Restaurant, Church Street, Kingham, 01608 658389. Organic offerings in Georgian former farmhouse.
- Chav Brasseries, 7 Horsefair, Chipping Norton, 01608 645968. Good quality French – look out for the wonderful bread.
- Swan Lodge, Enstone, 01608 678736. 17th century former inn with easy access to local attractions.
- The Crown and Cushion, 23 High Street, Chipping Norton, 01608 642533. Former home of The Who’s Keith Moon. Includes leisure and conference facilities.
- Heythrop Park Hotel, Golf and Country Club, Enstone, (01608 673333, www.heythroppark.co.uk). Magnificent Roman-influenced country house.
- Chipping Norton Golf Club (01608 642383, www.chippingnortongolfclub.com). 18-hole course with good drainage, playable throughout the year.
- Rye Hill Golf Club (01295 721818, www.ryehill.co.uk). Championship course, practice area, golf shop and large clubhouse with bar and catering.
- Tadmarton Heath Golf Club (01608 737278, www.thgolfclub.f9.co.uk).
- Oxfordshire Sportflying Limited provides training for the NPPL-SLMG licences, including for Bronze & Silver C glider and for microlight pilots at the airfield.
- Blenheim Palace (www.blenheimpalace.com). Baroque masterpiece set in 2100 acres of beautiful parkland.
- Batsford Arboretum (www.batsarb.co.uk). One of the largest private collections of trees and shrubs in the country.
- The Rollright Stones (www.rollrightstones.co.uk). Ancient stone circle site.