Nearest town: Douglas (7 miles by car), Isle of Man
- Winter: Mon-Sat 0615-2045; Sun 0700-2045; and by arrangement
- Summer: Mon-Sat 0515-1945; Sun 0600-1945; and by arrangement
Longest Runway: 1754m, Asphalt/Concrete
Fuel: AVTUR JET A-1. AVGAS 100LL
Phone: 01624 821600
Landing fees: From £8 for aircraft 500 kg and under to £16 per tonne or part thereof for aircraft 3001kg and over (details on annual fees/discounts etc available at http://www.gov.im/lib/docs/airport/feesexternal0708.pdf)
- Handling: No compulsory handling outside the restricted zone. For light aircraft, handling available from Manx Flyers Aero Club (01624 825999, www.manxflyersaeroclub.com) or Island Aviation and Travel Ltd.(01624 824300)
- Taxis: Taxis available from taxi rank at the entrance to the terminal building. More details available at http://www.iom-airport.com/lib/docs/airport/taxidetails.pdf
- Car Hire: Isle of Man Rent A Car (01624 825855, www.isleofmanrentacar.co.uk), Mylchreests Car Rental (01624 825587)
- Facilities at airport: Cafe and bar, parent and baby room, traveller’s shop, fax and photocopying facility, wi-fi at selected areas
- Flying Schools: Ashley Gardner School of Flying (01624 823454), Manx Flyers Aero Club (01624 825999, www.manxflyersaeroclub.com)
- Queens Pub, Queens Promenade, Douglas (01624 674438). A large-ish pub that serves some good handpulled real ales and has fine views over the bay.
- The Rovers Return, Church Street, Douglas (01624 676459). A quirky and locally popular pub that serves the Bushys range of beers. One room is dedicated to the Blackburn Rovers!
- The Railway, Lake Road, Douglas (01624 673157). Spacious and comfortably furnished, this pub serves a good range of foreign beers.
- Tanroagan, 9, Ridgeway Street, Douglas (01624 612355, www.tanroagan.co.uk). Cafe style restaurant located in the quay area. Here, they are serious about their seafood.
- Archibald Knox, Avon Dale Road, Onchan (01624 613203). Named after the influential 20th C. British designer, this is really a family pub, but its good value meals make it popular with the locals.
- The Town House, 24, Loch Promenade, Douglas (01624 626125). Apartment-hotel with six luxurious suites, suitable for independent travellers who want their space.
- Mereside, 1, Empire Terrace, Douglas (01624 676355). Family-run guest house with very friendly service and sea views from the eight rooms.
- Glen Mona, 6, Mona Drive, Douglas (01624 676755, www.glenmona-iom.co.uk). Another family run hotel, conveniently located close to town centre and includes a fairly well-stocked bar.
- Pulrose Golf Course, Pulrose Road, Douglas (01624 661558). A 100 year old golf course at the outskirts of Douglas. Has some challenging holes.
- King Edward Bay Golf Club, Howstrake, Groudle Road, Onchan (01624 620430). A course situated on elevated mountain turf, with imposing views all around the srurrounding region.
- Manx Aviation and Military museum (01624 829294, www.maps.iofm.net). A short distance from the airport, this museum focuses on the island’s aviation history and also houses the relics of many air crashes.
- A visit to the House of Manannan museum (01624 648000) , an introduction to the Celtic and Viking traditions of the island.
- Nature and countryside walks around the island, including a visit to Curraghs Wildlife Park (01624 897323, www.gov.im/wildlife), a refuge for endangered wetland species from around the world.
- Water sports and whale/shark watching at various coastal locations around the island.