Nearest town: Shoreham-by-Sea (3m by car), West Sussex
- Winter: Mon 0800-1800; Tue-Sat 0800-1900; Sun 0830-1800 and by arrangement
- Summer: Mon-Sat 0700-1900; Sun 0730-1900 and by arrangement
Longest runway: 1036m, Asphalt
Fuel: AVTUR JET A-1, AVGAS 100LL (For refuelling with AVTUR JET A-1 at specific times call 01273-467395)
Phone: 01273 467373
Landing fees: From £17.62 for aircraft 1.5 MT and under to £105.72 for aircraft 5.5MT and over
Note: Shoreham is a PPR airport from Mon to Sat 0800-0830 (winter) and 0700-0730 (summer).
- Taxis: Car Cabs Ltd. (01273 414141), Brighton & Hove Radio Cabs Ltd. (01273 204060)
- Car Hire: National Car Rental (01903 752086, www.nationalcar.co.uk)
- Facilities at airport: Bar & Restaurant
- Charters: Complete Charter Services (08712 222310, www.completecharter.co.uk), Fast Helicopters (01273 465389, www.fasthelicopters.com), Sky Leisure (01273 464422, www.skyleisureaviation.co.uk), Brighton Scenic (07918 902721, www.brightonscenic.co.uk)
- Flying Schools: Real Flying Company (01273 440288, www.realflyingcompany.com), Warbird Flying – Transport Command (01273 462784, www.warbirdflying.com), Fast Helicopters (07739 403247, www.fasthelicopters.com), Pooleys Flying Instructor School (01273 467277, www.pooleysflyinginstructorschool.co.uk), Sky Leisure (01273 464422, www.skyleisureaviation.co.uk), Sussex Flying Club (01273 440852, www.sfc.ac)
- The Duke of Wellington, Brighton Road, Shoreham-by-Sea (01273 389818). A 1920s pub that’s been renovated for a more modern look. The main attraction is that this is a Dark Stars brewery and serves the Dark Stars range as well as some good guest ales.
- Buckingham Arms, Brunswick Road, Shoreham-by-Sea (01273 453660). One of the most popular pubs in the area with a really large selection of real ales. The flipside is that it tends to get crowded and though the service is friendly, it can take some time to get the staff’s attention.
- Lazy Toad, High Street, Shoreham-by-Sea (1273 441622). Smallish ‘local’ pub that serves some good beers straight from the barrel. Tends to attract a slightly older crowd.
- Tosca Ristorante, 39-41, High Street, Shoreham-by-Sea (01273 441001, www.tosca-restaurant.co.uk). Centrally located Italian restaurant and pizzeria that has a reputation for good food in comfortable surroundings. Does gluten, dairy and wheat free options on request.
- The Ginger Pig, 3, Hove Street, Hove (01273 736123, www.gingermanrestaurants.com). This one is fairly new but has already won much acclaim; a comfortable pub that serves an innovative menu based on local ingredients.
- Old Tollgate Hotel, The Street, Bramber, Steyning (01903 813362, www.oldtollgatehotel.com). A Best Western property in rural surroundings with all modcons, this is a convenient option for those going on to London or Brighton.
- The South Lodge Hotel , Brighton Road, Near Horsham (01403, 891711, www.southlodgehotel.co.uk). If you feel like indulging yourself, this is a luxury 5-star hotel in a country house set in woodland and parkland. Nothing is too much to ask here, including champagne breakfasts!
- Worthing Golf Club, Links Road, Worthing (01903 260801, www.worthinggolf.co.uk) Two downland courses with lovely views of the Channel. Visitors welcome with advance notice.
- Shoreham airport is a good base for trips over to Northern France.
- Sussex has many different walking, cycling and horse-riding trails for the outdoors enthusiast (www.ruralways.org.uk).
- A visit to Pallant House Gallery, Chichester (01243 774557, www.pallant.org.uk) which has one of the best collections of 20th C. British art in the world.
- For history buffs, a visit to the site of the 1066 Battle of Hastings (01424 773792, www.english-heritage.org.uk) where the ruins of an abbey built to commemorate William the Conqueror’s victory still stand.