Nearest town: Farnborough (7m by car), Hampshire
Phone: 01252 526 701
Runway: 2,440m x 46m, Asphalt/Concrete.
Opening times: Summer – Mon-Fri 0700-2200; Sat, Sun, & Bank Holidays 0800-2000. Winter – Mon-Fri 0600-2100; Sat, Sun, & Bank Holidays 0700-1900.
Fuel: AVGAS 110LL, AVTUR JET A-1
- Handling: Tag Aviation (01252 379 000).
- Taxis: Aviacars (08708 508 073, located at the airfield), A-Line Taxi Service (01252 377 500), Airport and West End Transfer (01252 548 015).
- Car Hire: Hertz (01252 516 137, www.hertz.co.uk), Enterprise (01252 336 633, www.enterprise.com), G Force Economy Car Hire (01252 341 551).
- Nearest railway stations: Farnborough Main (1 nm); North Camp (1 nm).
- Passenger facilities: Hotel on site plus several hotels and restaurants within 2nm of the airport. Lounges with conference rooms and catering, crew lounge with wi-fi and satellite television and a full service café. Limited first aid treatment. Customs and immigration by arrangement.
- UK home of Flight Safety.
- The Prince of Wales, 184 Rectory Rd, Farnborough (01252 545 578). Traditional pub with a good selection of ales.
- The Old Courthouse, 80 Cove Road, Cove (01252 543 031).
- The Garden Gate, Church Lane East, Aldershot (01252 321 051). Very welcoming local pub with a weekly bluegrass night.
- Galicia, 35 Queen’s Road, Farnborough (01252 518 784). Decent Spanish cuisine.
- Zaffron, 1-2 Firgrove Parade Victoria Road, Farnborough (01252 517 070). Good Indian cuisine with a fashionable over-25s bar.
- Popadoms, 33 Medway Drive, Farnborough (01252 376 869). Anglo-Indian cuisine with some Nepalese specialties and all locally sourced ingredients.
- Falcon Hotel (01252 545378, www.falconfarnborough.com). Some rooms have a view of the airport. Most people wouldn’t like this. Pilots would.
- Army Golf Club, Aldershot (01252 336 722, www.armygolfclub.com). Third oldest club in Hampshire and the 21st oldest in the country.
- Southwood Golf Club, Farnborough (01252 548 700, www.southwoodgolfclub.co.uk).
- Pine Ridge Golf Centre, Frimley (01276 620 770 , www.pineridgegolf.co.uk). Public course operates on a pay and play basis.
- Alpine Snowsports Aldershot (www.alpinesnowsports.co.uk). Skiing and snowboarding on three slopes, suitable for all ages.
- Birdworld (www.birdworld.co.uk). Bird park and gardens, Underwater World and Jenny Wren Farm.
- Hampshire news and information: www.gethampshire.co.uk