Nearest Town: Rochester (2m by car), Kent
Opening Times: Winter: 0800-1800; Summer: 0700-1700
Longest Runway: 963m, Grass
Fuel: AVTUR JET A-1, AVGAS 100LL
Phone: 01634 869969
Landing fees: £ 10 single, £ 15 twins
- Taxis: 1st Airport Services (01634 253100), A2 Travel (01634 730976), Computer Cabs (01634 840841), Frindsbury Taxis/. (01634 720200), Hoo Cabs (01634 251234). Note: Taxi services operate out of Rochester, not from the airport itself.
- Car Hire: Arriva PLC (01634 849161, www.arriva.co.uk), Budget Rent A Car ( 01634 722848), Kent Rentals (01634 815345), National Car Rentals (01634 813056)
- Facilities at airport: Cafe
- Charters: AV8 Helicopters (01634 672288, www.av8helicopters.co.uk)
- Flying Schools: Skytrek Flying School (01634 200787, www.skytrekair.com), Cabair (01634 861713, www.cabair.com)
- Coopers Arms, St. Margaret’s Street, Rochester (0871 9170007). Friendly and comfortable pub with a beer garden ideal for summer.
- The Man of Kent Ale House, John Street, Rochester (0871 917 0007). A quirky pub that really is part of the landlord’s house. Known for supporting smaller local breweries.
- The Good Intent, John Street, Rochester (0871 9170007). Also known as the ‘Ugly Pub’, The Good Intent is low on appearances, but is popular locally for its wide range of Kentish ales and folks singarounds hosted on 1st and 3rd Tuesdays.
- Elizabeth’s of Eastgate, 154, High Street, Rochester (01634 843472, www.elizabethsofeastgate.co.uk). Old-fashioned and relaxed French and European style restaurant housed in 400 year old Tudor buildings.
- Grandma Thai, 317-9, High Street, Rochester (01634 849495). Friendly place considered the home of the best Thai food in the Kent area.
- Squires, Bridgewood Manor, Bridgewood Roundabout, Walderslade Woods, Chatham, Kent (01634 201333). British and European food with a focus on locally grown produce.
- The Ship and Trades, Maritime Way, Chatham Maritime, Kent (01634 895200, www.shipandtradeschatham.co.uk). Hotel with an impressive dockside location convenient for exploring Rochester and Chatham.
- The Inn on the Lake, Shorne, Gravesend, Kent (01474 823333, www.innonlake.co.uk). Tucked away in 12 acres of woodland, The Inn on the Lake is a hotel both close to and far away from civilization.
- Bridgewood Manor, Bridgewood Roundabout, Walderslade Woods, Chatham, Kent (01634 201333, www.qhotels.co.uk). Large and spacious hotel with spa, tennis court and indoor swimming pool.
- Allhallows Golf Course, Rochester (01634 271414).
- Rochester and Cobham Park Golf Club, Rochester (01474 823411, www.rochesterandcobhamgc.co.uk). Challenging course with tough one-shot holes and par fours.
- Rochester Castle and Cathedral, both about 1,000 years old.
- Dickens’ Swiss Chalet, a complete Swiss Chalet sent in parts to Charles Dickens as a gift, and used by him as a study
- Historic Chatham Docks museum