Nearest town: London (21m by car)
- Winter: Mon-Fri 0730-2100; Sat, Sun and PH 0900-2000. Extensions by arrangement.
- Summer: Mon-Fri 0630-2000; Sat, Sun and PH 0800-1900. Extensions by arrangement.
Longest Runway: 1802m, Tarmac
Fuel: AVGAS 100LL, AVTUR JET A-1.
- Handling: From £50 (for aircraft 4000 kg and under) to £212 (for aircraft 30,000-40,000 kg), and £30 for every 10 tonnes. Handling by airport’s own Ground Handling Agency (01959 578 552, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Taxis: Arvee (01959 562091), Airport Cars (01959 540550), Cannon Cars (0500 464546), Discovery Cars (01959 570505), Main Cars (01959 576576). Note: Except Discovery Cars, all other services operate out of Westerham, not from the airport itself.
- Facilities at airport: Club lounge with a pool table, cafe bar
- Charters: Air Partner Private Jets (01959 575856, www.airpartner.com), Interflight (01959 575800, www.interflight.co.uk), London Executive Aviation (01708 688420, www.flylea.com), Markoss Aviation (01959 570559), MAS Airways (01293 825197), PlaneChartering (01273 248800)
- Flying Schools: Alouette Flying Club (01959 573243, www.alouette.org.uk), Biggin Hill School of Flying (01959 573583, www.cabair.com), British Disabled Flying Club (01959 576759, www.bdfa.net), Surrey & Kent Flying Club (01959 572255, www.sandk.flyer.co.uk)
- General Wolfe, High St., Westerham (0871 9170007). Cozy pub known for friendly service and its sunny patio garden.
- The Old Jail, Jail Lane, Biggin Hill (0871 9170007). Set in a spacious, leafy garden, this pub displays some wartime RAF memorabilia of interest to pilots.
- Royal Oak, Main Road, Crockam Hill, Westerham (0871 917 0007). Village pub popular with locals for the Kentish Shepherd Neame beer. Convenient stop for walks in the area.
- Rendezvous, 26, Market Square, Westerham (01959 561408, www.rendezvous-brasserie.co.uk). Prides itself on freshly prepared French food in a café-style setting.
- Haxted Mill Riverside Brasserie and Bar, Haxted Road, Edenbridge (01732 862914, www.haxtedmill.co.uk). 13 kms away from Biggin Hill, but makes a claim due to its fine food and very beautiful setting in the Kentish countryside. Much awarded restaurant.
- Kings Arms Hotel, Market Square, Westerham (01959 562990, www.the-kingsarms.com). Conveniently located and friendly B&B in central Westerham.
- Chalk Lane Hotel, Epsom, Surrey (01372 721179, www.chalklanehotel.com). Tucked away in a corner of old Epsom; convenient for trips to Hampton Court Palace or Windsor Castle.
- Foxbrush Barn, Collier Street, Tonbridge (01892 730934). Truly delicious B&B, with guests raving about the meals cooked by the owner, an ex-chef.
- Park Wood Golf Club, Westerham (01959 577744, www.parkwoodgolf.co.uk).
- Cherry Lodge Golf Club, Biggin Hill, Westerham (01959 572250, www.cherrylodgegc.co.uk). On the outskirts of Biggin Hill, a very convenient golf club for pilots that welcomes visitors.
- Westerham Golf Club, (01959 567115, www.westerhamgc.co.uk). Very popular golf course despite being a relatively young 12 years old.
- On the airport, St. George’s chapel of remembrance, a memorial to aircrew that died flying from the Biggin Hill sector during WWII. (A visitor information centre with Battle of Britain information is due to open in 2009).
- A big event on the global aviation calendar is the annual Biggin Hill International Air Show (27th and 28th June, 2009)
- A visit to Chartwell, family home of Sir Winston Churchill, with a museum of Churchill photographs and memorabilia, and beautiful countryside walks.