Nearest town: Blackpool (3m by car), Lancashire
Opening Times: Summer – 06:00 to 20:00; Winter – 07:00 to 21:00
Longest Runway: 1869m, Asphalt
Fuel: AVGAS 100LL, AVTUR JET A-1
Phone: 08700 273 777 (Admin)
Landing fees: from £10 singles, £15 twins
- Handling: Servisair (01253 472510, www.servisair.com)
- Taxis: Premier Cabs (01253 401 000)
- Car Hire: Hertz (01789 298 827, www.hertz.co.uk), Europcar (01253 400459, www.europcar.co.uk), Avis (0844 544 6029, www.avis.co.uk)
- Facilities at airport: Terminal building has executive lounge, cafe, bar, Wi-Fi and duty-free shopping.
- Charter: Available from Blackpool Air Centre (www.blackpoolaircentre.com) , Brian Seedle Helicopters (www.heli2000.co.uk), Helicentre (www.helicentreblackpool.com), Westair (www.westair.uk.com)
- Flying schools: ANT (www.airnav.co.uk), Blackpool Air Centre (www.blackpoolaircentre.com), Brian Seedle Helicopters (www.heli2000.co.uk), Comed (www.comed.co.uk), Helicentre (www.helicentreblackpool.com), Westair (www.westair.uk.com)
- Bay Horse Inn,Bay Horse Lane, Ellel, Lancaster (20m), 01524 791204. Lovely gastropub with real fires.
- Brannigans, 29-37 Market Street, Blackpool, 01253 752277. Known to host a lively crowd and parties every week.
- Tapas Bar, 11-13 Queen St, Blackpool, 1253 293287. Friendly service and a range of appetizers.
- Twelve, www.twelve-restaurant.co.uk, Marsh Mill Village, Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, 01253 821212. Restaurant and lounge bar in the shadow of a working windmill.
- Number 1 (01253 343 901, www.numberoneblackpool.com). Stylish guest house with 42” plasma TVs.
- Guy’s Thatched Hamlet (www.guysthatchedhamlet.com). Family owned hamlet that boasts of a cricket pitch.
- St. Annes Old Links Golf Club, Walking Distance (01253 723597, www.stannesoldlinks.com). The club itself is over a 100 years old.
- The Fairhaven Golf Club, (01253 736741, www.fairhavengolfclub.co.uk).
- Lytham Green Drive Golf Club, (01253 737390, www.lythamgreendrive.co.uk).
- Royal Lytham & St Annes Golf Club, (01253 724206, www.royallytham.org). Reputed as a tough and challenging course.
- De Vere Herons’ Reach Golf Club, (0845 375280, www.devere-hotels.com).
- The Blackpool North Shore Golf Club, (01253 352054, www.blackpoolnorthshoregolfclub.com).
- Blackpool Pleasure Beach, (www.blackpoolpleasurebeach.com), amusement park and rides, children’s theme park, musicals, circus and a range of restaurants all in one place.
- Blackpool Tower, (www.theblackpooltower.co.uk), circus and other entertainment options, especially for children.
- Blackpool Zoo, (www.blackpoolzoo.org.uk)
- Grundy Art Gallery, in central Blackpool. Exhibits include Victorian as well as modern British art and photographs of historic Blackpool.