Nearest town: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire (7m by car)
Opening times: Mon-Fri 0830 – 1900; Sat, Sun and Bank Holidays 0900 – 1800
Longest runway: 1799m, Asphalt
Fuel: 110LL, Jet A1
Admin 01234 754784, ATC 01234 754761
Handling: tel: 01234 754789, Executive Handling tel: 01234 752220
Taxis: Cranfield Cars 2000 (01908 569582), J.T. Cars (01234 750005), Saxon Cars (01908 218218), Village Private Hire (01234 765252)
On the airport or within walking distance
- Café Pacific restaurant, The Social Club pub and sandwich bar. NatWest bank, Costcutter grocery and Post Office. Two cashpoints.
- Half Moon, High Street, Kempston, 01234 852464. Friendly locals’ pub serving real ales.
- Three Tuns, 57 Main Road, Biddenham, 01234 354847. Excellent menu and pleasant beer garden.
- The Carpenter’s Arms, 93 High Street, Cranfield, 01234 750232. Regularly mentioned in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide.
- The Three Cranes, High Street, Turvey, near Olney, 01234 881035. Brasserie-style. British cuisine in a gorgeous 17th century inn.
- Elements Eatery, The Theatre District, 8 Savoy Crescent, Milton Keynes, 01908 609606. Well-regarded Asian fusion.
- Swan Revived Inn, Pagnell (01908 210995, www.swanrevived.co.uk). Includes two mews cottages.
- Embankment Hotel, Bedford (0870 7522235). Tudor-style hotel on the river, features an excellent carvery and al fresco dining.
- Aspley Guise and Woburn Sands Golf Clubs, West Hill, Aspley Guise (01908 582974)
- Bedfordshire Golf Club, Spring La, Stagsden, Bedford (01234 822555, www.bedfordshiregolf.com). 18 hole championship course, 9 hole Par 3 academy course, and 24 bay covered and floodlit driving range.
- The Millbrook Golf Club, Millbrook (01525 402269, www.themillbrook.com).
- Woburn Golf Club, Little Brickhill, Milton Keynes (01908 370756).
- Woburn Abbey (www.woburnabbey.co.uk). One of Britain’s great country houses, set in a 3,000 acre deer park that includes the golf club, a Safari Park and an Antiques Centre.
- Bletchley Park (www.bletchleypark.org.uk), historic site of secret British codebreaking activities during WWII and birthplace of the modern computer.
- Silverstone Racing Circuit (www.silverstone.co.uk), home of the British Grand Prix.