Nearest town: Glasgow, North Lanarkshire, Scotland
Longest runway: 820m, Asphalt
Opening times: Winter 0900-1700, Summer 0900-2000
Fuel: 110LL, Jet A1
Phone: 01236 457777
- Taxis: Kwik Cars (01236 720 208), Cita Taxis Ltd (01236 721 222), Central Cab Co (01236 722 772)
- Flying schools: Scotia Helicopters
On the airport or within walking distance
- Coming soon
- Stables Lounge Bar, East Waterhead Cottage, 01236 737000.
- Craigmarloch Lodge, Balloch, 01236 850531.
- The Dovecote, South Muirhead Road, 01236 725339. Good menu, child friendly.
- Old Masters Restaurant, Westerwood Hotel, 1 St Andrew’s Drive, 01236 457171. Serving modern British and Scottish cuisine.
- Castlecary House Hotel (01324 840 233, www.castlecaryhotel.com). Set in a small village conveniently located for most major attractions.
- White House Apartments (01413 399 375, www.whitehouse-apartments.com). Attractive serviced apartments in the centre of Glasgow, from studios to two beds, with complimentary newspapers and broadband included.
- Dullatur Golf Club, Cumbernauld (01236 723230, www.dullaturgolf.com). Includes restaurant, bowling section and gym.
- Palacerigg Golf Club, Cumbernauld (01236 734969, www.palacerigggolfclub.co.uk).
- Kilsyth Lennox, Tak-Ma-Doon Road, Kilsyth (01236 824115, www.kilsythlennox.com). Course redesign carried out by the renowned American architect Rocky Roquemore.
- The Falkirk Wheel (www.thefalkirkwheel.co.uk), the world’s only rotating boat lift, centrepiece of the £84.5 million Millennium Link canal restoration project.
- Stirling Castle (www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/stirling/stirlingcastle). One of Scotland’s finest attractions, beautifully set and mostly dating back to the 100 year period between 1496 and 1583.
- Forth and Clyde Canal (www.waterscape.com).