Nearest town: York (27m by car), Yorkshire
Opening times: Dawn to dusk
Longest runway: 3000m, Concrete and Asphalt
Fuel: 100LL Jet A1
Phone: 01759 305851
Note: York Elvington Aerodrome is an unlicensed private aerodrome and pilots use it at their own risk. PPR required. PPR is at sole discretion of the aerodrome owners by telephone to Elvington Events Limited (01759 305851)
- Handling: From £ 12
- Taxis: Victoria Travel (01759 306 910), Central Taxis (01759 302146), Car 9 (01759 306 596)
- Car Hire: Thrifty (01904 438844 , www.thrifty.co.uk), Enterprise (01904 623000 , www.enterprise.com)
- Facilities at airport: Cafe
- Charter: Available from Prive Jets (02080 990 375 , www.privejets.com)
- The Black Bull, 18 Market Place, Pocklington, 01759 302649 . Good value menu.
- The Black Swan, Peasholme Green, 01904 686911 . Traditional pub with great beers, lots of character and a reputation for being haunted.
- The Gillygate, 48 Gillygate, 01904 654103 . Excellent fish and chips.
- 1331 Gastrobar, 13 Grape Lane, York, 01904 661130 . Decent gastropub fare sourced as locally as possible in this fashionable locale.
- Betty’s Café and Tearooms, 6-8 St Helen’s Square, York, 01904 659142 . A local institution, now combined with a shop selling gorgeous snacks.
- The Blue Bicycle, 34 Fossgate, York, 01904673990 . Good seafood served in an atmospheric former brothel.
- Acer, 52 Scarcroft Hill, York (01904 653839). Small – just four rooms – comfortable and welcoming. Good breakfasts.
- Mount Royale Hotel, 119 The Mount, York (01904 628856). Set in mature English gardens, antiques in every room.
- The Parsonage Country House Hotel, Escrick, York (01904 728111 , www.parsonagehotel.co.uk) Classic hotel with a modern twist. Restaurant features ‘Yorkshire farmers’ menu’.
- Allerthorpe park Golf Club ( 01759 306686 , www.allerthorpeparkgolfclub.com). Picturesque 18-hole parkland course.
- The Oaks Golf Club (01757 288001 , www.theoaksgolfclub.co.uk).
- Kilnwick Percy Golf Club (01759 303090, www.kilnwickpercygolfclub.co.uk). Breathtaking views across the Vale of York.
- Yorkshire Air Museum (www.yorkshireairmuseum.co.uk), interesting collection of aircraft and artefacts from WWI and WWII.
- Fairfax House (www.fairfaxhouse.co.uk), probably the finest Georgian townhouse in England.
- York Minster (www.yorkminster.org), the largest gothic cathedral in northern Europe.
- National Railway Museum (www.nrm.org.uk).