Nearest town: Chester (17m by car), Cheshire
Phone: 01244 522 012 (ATC); 01244 522 013 (PPR)
Website: www.chesterairport.co.uk, Wikipedia entry
Runway: 2043m x 45m, Asphalt/Concrete
Opening times: Winter – Mon 0630-1900; Tue-Fri 0730-1900; Sat & Sun 0930-1600; Summer – Mon 0530-1800; Tue-Fri 0630-1800; Sat & Sun 0830-1500.
Fuel: AVTUR JET A-1, AVGAS 100LL
AIP plates and airport diagram (PDF format)
- Handling: Chester Handling Services Ltd. (01244 536 853).
- Taxis: Joe-La-Taxi (01244 533 737), Chester Mini Bus (01244 679 928) and Chester Radio Taxis (01244 372 372).
- Car Hire: National (01244 390 008, www.nationalcar.co.uk), Maincrest Hire (01244 380 038) and Enterprise (01244 399 393, www.enterprise.com).
- Passenger facilities: Passenger lounge, conference facilities, free wireless internet access, free parking, and a fully fitted self-service refreshment and kitchen area with complimentary snacks for executive clients. Customs and immigration.
- Charter: Contact handling company to arrange.
- The Mount Inn, Chester (01244 317 688). Friendly locals’ backstreet pub.
- The Farndon Arms, Farndon, Chester (01829 270 570). Open fire in the winter and decent food.
- Greyhound Inn, Saughall, Chester (01244 880 205). Lovely village pub with four ales on tap and good menu.
- Franc’s, Chester (01244 317 952). A 15-year-old veteran, one of the city’s favourites – dependable French cuisine.
- Restaurant at the Curzon Hotel, Chester (01244 678 581). Monthly-changing menu and a good wine list.
- The Living Room, Chester (08704 422 805). Classy piano bar and restaurant serving simple quality food and great cocktails.
- Green Bough Hotel, Chester (01244 326 241, www.greenbough.co.uk). Small luxury hotel, multi award-winning.
- Chester Grosvenor (01244 324 024, www.chestergrosvenor.com). Grade II listed building with modern elegant interior and full luxury spa.
- Rowton Hall, Chester (01244 335 262, www.rowtonhall.co.uk). Country house and spa in Georgian manor house, with individually designed bedrooms.
- Westminster Park Municipal Golf Course, Chester (01244 680 231).
- Chester Golf Club (01244 671 185, www.chestergolfclub.co.uk). Meadowland course on two levels within a loop of the River Dee.
- Hawarden Golf Club, Hawarden (01244 520 809, www.hawardengolfclub.co.uk). An 18 hole par 69 parkland course set in mature meadowland.
- Chester Zoo (www.chesterzoo.org). One of the country’s best.
- Chester Cathedral (www.chestercathedral.com). Founded as a Benedictine Monastery in 1092.
- Grosvenor Museum, Chester (01244 402 008). Fascinating collection of local history, including Roman Chester.
- Chester tourism information: www.visitchester.com
- Chester city council: www.chestertourism.com
[…] then spent much of his life in France after his owners moved there but today he is based at Hawarden and is still flying strong. Please […]