Nearest town: Tenterden (14m by car), Kent
Phone: 01622 890 226; 01622 890 236 (Outside normal Aerodrome hours)
Landing fees: £10 – £15, waived if 40 or more litres of fuel are uplifted.
Runway: 840m x 30m, Grass
Opening times: 0900-sunset and by arrangement.
Fuel: AVGAS 100LL, Jet A1 for business users only or emergencies.
- Taxis: MTC Cars (01622 890 003), Wealden Cars (01580 291 199) and Maidstone Taxi Co (01622 890 003)
- Car Hire: Hertz (01622 734677, www.hertz.com), Ashford Self Hire (01233 626407, www.ashfordselfhire.co.uk) and Practical Car and Van Rental (01622 750191, www.practical.co.uk)
- Passenger facilities: Free parking, Holding Point café, fully licensed bar, kids’ play area and local Kentish lamb for sale. Customs and immigration by arrangement.
- Charter: 01622 891 539
- Flying schools: Weald Air Services Ltd.
- Smarden Bell, Smarden (01233 770 283). Warm and welcoming country pub with an excellent menu.
- The George and Dragon, Headcorn (01622 890 239). Good beers, bar snacks and separate restaurant.
- The Chequers Inn, Smarden (01233 770 217). A 14th century coaching inn, Greene King Southern Regional Caterer of the Year 2005.
- The Rose and Crown at Mundy Bois, Smarden (01233 840 393). Fully traceable local produce, a la carte and bar menus. Off the beaten track in lush Kentish countryside.
- West House, Bidden den (01580 291 341). Modern British in this good value, smoothly-run local destination.
- Thai Orchid, Tenterden (01580766 088).
- Little Silver Country Hotel, Tenterden (01233 850 321, www.little-silver.co.uk). Includes luxury bedrooms with four-posters and suites with jacuzzis.
- Collina House Hotel, Tenterden (01580 764 852, www.collinahousehotel.co.uk).
- Weald of Kent, Headcorn (01622 891 671, www.weald-of-kent.co.uk). Golf course, hotel and business centre.
- Chart Hills, Biddenden (01580 292 222, www.charthills.co.uk). Designed by six time Major winner Nick Faldo.
- Staplehurst Golf Centre, Staplehurst (01580 893 362, www.staplehurstgolfcentre.co.uk).
- Leeds Castle (www.leeds-castle.com). Stunning attraction set on two islands in the river Len.
- Rare Breeds Centre, Woodchurch (01233 861 493, www.rarebreeds.org.uk). Charity trust set in 120 acres of parkland.
- Biddenden Vineyards (01580 291 726, www.biddendenvineyards.com). Home of famous Kentish bottled cider as well as grape varieties.