Nearest town: Grimsby (12 miles by car), North Lincolnshire
Opening Times: Winter: 0630-2115; Summer: 0530-2015
Longest Runway: 2196m, Asphalt and Concrete
Fuel: AVTUR JET A-1. AVGAS 100LL
Phone: 01652 688456
Landing fee is £16.70 or part thereof for aircraft up to 3 tonnes and £20.00 or part thereof for aircraft over 3 tonnes.
Note: Flights outside the published hours can operate after gaining an ‘Extension of Hours’ as identified in the UK AIP. Additional landing and other charges are levied for these.
- Handling: Mandatory handling for aircraft operating for hire or reward or above 3T. Handling agent: Weston Aviation, Phone: 01652 680922, Email: [email protected]
- Taxis: Airport Taxis (01652 688132)
- Car Hire: Avis (01652 680325, www.avis.co.uk), Europcar (01652 680338, www.europcar.co.uk), Enterprise Rent-A-Car(01472 267676, www.enterprise.co.uk), Clark Self Drive Ltd. (01472 320460, www.clarkselfdrive.co.uk), Humber Car Hire (01472 268025). Note: Of these, only Avis and Europcar are located at the airport itself
- Facilities at airport: Airport lounge, Food village and bar, children’s play area, wi-fi, photocopier and fax machine, duty free and other shopping, chaplaincy services
- Charters: Chartered flights ply to a few locations in Europe (www.humbersideairporttravel.co.uk)
- Flying Schools: The POM Flying Club(07985 753336, www.gbpom.co.uk), Frank Morgan School of Flying (01652 688859, www.flyatfranks.co.uk), Humber Flying Club (01652 680746, www.humberflyingclub.co.uk)
- The Market Hotel, Yarborough Road, Grimsby (01472 252820). Friendly pub and sports bar that can get a bit noisy on weekends.
- New Inn, Station Road, North Thorsby, Grimsby (01472 840270). Country style pub with a good range of beers and the added attraction of wi-fi.
- Baileys Live, West St. Mary’s Gate, Grimsby (01472 341195). The main attraction here is the tribute and original bands that play every Friday and Sunday.
- Riverside Bar & Restaurant, Alexandra Road, Cleethorpes, North Lincolnshire (01472 600515, www.theriversidebarandrestaurant.com). Conveniently located close to Grimsby, this restaurant has been described as “comfortable” with “modern” food. The high point is the fine views of the Humber and the sea from its open terrace.
- Artisan, The Weir, Hessle, East Yorkshire (01482 644906, www.artisanrestaurant.com). A husband and wife team runs this small and homely restaurant that serves up some outstanding food using local ingredients.
- Beeches Hotel, 42, Waltham Road, Scartho, Grimsby (01472 278830, www.thebeecheshotel.com). A comfortable sort of hotel with smallish rooms, but makes up for it with some very attentive service and great breakfasts.
- Hoe Hill House, Swinhope, Market Rasen, Lincolnshire (01472 399366, www.hoehill.co.uk). A 250 year old farmhouse now serving as a cozy little B&B. For those interested in war history, it is fairly close to the now disused RAF Binbrook.
- Grimsby Golf Club, Littlecoates Road, Grimsby (01472 342630, www.grimsbygolfclub.co.uk). Set in 123 acres of parkland, this is a challenging course especially known for its short holes.
- Manor Golf Club, Laceby Manor, Laceby, Grimsby (01472 873468, www.grimsby.ac.uk). A course for golfers of all abilities, in a beautiful, rural setting.
- Tetney Golf Club, Station Road, Tetney, Grimsby (01472 211644). The course has a mix of long and short holes as well as a putting green.
- For rail enthusiasts, the Appleby Frodingham Railway Preservation Society (www.afrps.co.uk) offers 2-hour rail tours with carriages pulled by a restored steam locomotive.
- A visit to Waltham Windmill (www.walthamwindmill.co.uk) at Waltham, five miles from Grimsby. This is one of the few windmills in the UK with all sails working.
- Walking, horse riding and cycling in the beautiful North Lincolnshire countryside (http://www.visitnorthlincolnshire.com/country.php)