Nearest town: St.Helier (5 miles by car), Jersey
Opening Times: Winter: 0700-2100 and by arrangement; Summer: 0600-2030; and by arrangement
Longest Runway: 1706m, Asphalt
Fuel: AVTUR JET A-1, AVGAS 100LL.
Phone: 01534 446109
Website: www.jerseyairport.com, Wikipedia entry
AIP: plates and airport diagram
Landing fees: £4 for each metric tonne of the authorized weight of the aircraft (Passenger and security charges extra for flights carrying passengers)
- Handling: Jersey Aero Club (01534 743990, www.jerseyaeroclub.com)
- Taxis: Taxis available from taxi rank at the entrance to the terminal building
- Car Hire: Hertz (01534 636666, www.hertzci.com), Europcar (0800 7350735, www.europcarjersey.com)
- Facilities at airport: Restaurant and bar, Food Court, wi-fi, chapel, duty-free and other shopping
- Charters: Aviation Beauport (01534 496496, www.aviationbeauport.com)
- Flying Schools: Jersey Aero Club (01534 743990, www.jerseyaeroclub.com)
- The Lamplighter, Mulcaster Street, St. Helier, Jersey (01534 510096). One of the more popular pubs on the island, this one serves a good selection of real ales; its facade displays an imposing ‘Britannia’ figure carved by John Philippe Giffard, local stone-carver of some notoriety.
- Town House, new Street, St. Helier, Jersey (01534 615000). Large and comfortable two-in-one pub with one room acting as a sports bar and the other a quieter one. Serves up some hearty pub fare.
- Old Court House Inn, Le Boulevard, St. Aubin, Jersey (01534 746433). Cosy pub in an old 15th century hotel, with views across over the harbour.
- Aviator Restaurant, Arrivals Terminal, Jersey Airport. Food, as well as coffee and pastries at this airport restaurant with fine views of the runway as well as the coast.
- Bohemia, Green Street, St. Helier, Jersey (01534 880588, www.bohemiajersey.com). Sophisticated yet comfortable restaurant that makes great use of local produce. A fine wine list is part of the attractions.
- Cafe Poste, La Rue da la Ville es Renauds, Grouville, Jersey (01534 859696). Friendly restaurant with a interesting menu, in an old post office. Caters to vegetarians and those who need gluten-free/dairy-free options as well.
- Pomme d’Or, Liberation Square, St. Helier, Jersey (08704 867462, http://www.seymourhotels.com/PommedOrHotel). A 100 year old hotel, very friendly, most comfortable and in the liveliest part of St. Helier.
- Caverna, Simon Place, St. Helier, Jersey (01534 873366, www.cavernajersey.com). A typical B&B in a fairly central location, but the highlight is that it offers a single room for the solo traveller.
- The Royal Yacht, Weighbridge, St. Helier, Jersey (01534 720511, www.theroyalyacht.com). A 4-star luxurious hotel on the waterfront catering to those up for a bit of indulgence. The spa at the hotel is a big hit with travellers.
- Jersey Recreation Grounds, St. Clement, Jersey (01534 21938). Open to golfers of all abilities.
- Wheatlands Golf Course and Country Hotel, St. Peter, Jersey (01534 888844, www.wheatlandsgolf.com). A challenging 9-hole golf course set out in 30 acres of parkland and structured beautifully around the natural habitat.
- Royal Jersey Golf Club, Grouville, Jersey (01534 854416, www.royaljersey.com). A 129 year old club that requires proof of handicap.
- A Visit to Mont Orgueil, Gorey, St. Martin, Jersey (www.jerseyheritagetrust.org), a 13th C. castle built to protect the island from the French. This is considered one of the best preserved castles in Britain.
- Occupation Tapesty Gallery, New North Quay, St. Helier, Jerset For war history buffs, a museum detailing life in Jersey during the German occupation. There is also a Maritime Museum at the same location.
- La Hougue Bie, Grouville, Jersey (www.prehistoricjersey.net), an excavated neolithic burial mound with geology and archaeology galleries nearby.
- www.jersey.com, the official Jersey tourism website.
- www.eatingoutinjersey.com, an exhaustive guide to food and drink in Jersey.
- www.jerseyisland.com, more information on accomodation in Jersey.
[…] islands in one day: Jersey, Guernsey and […]