Nearest town:Leeds (7 miles by car), West Yorkshire
Opening Times: 24 hours
Longest Runway: 2250m, Grooved Concrete
Fuel: AVTUR JET A1, AVGAS 100LL
Phone: 01132 509696 (Admin), 01133 913282 (ATC)
Website: www.leedsbradfordairport.co.uk, Wikipedia entry
AIP: plates and airport diagram
Landing fees: £6.59 per 0.5 metric tonne or part thereof for aircraft weighing upto 3 tonnes and £13.18 per metric tonne or part thereof for aircraft weighing over 3 tonnes
Note: The airport is PPR in winter from 2300 to 0700 hours and in summer from 2200 to 0600 hours.
- Handling: Multiflight Limited (01132 387100, www.multiflight.com)
- Taxis: Arrow Private Taxis (01132 585888, www.arrowprivatehire.co.uk)
- Car Hire: Avis (01132 503880, www.avis.co.uk), Europcar (01132 509066, www.europcar.co.uk), Hetz (01132 504811, www.hertz.co.uk)
- Facilities at airport: Food court, Pub, Bar, Cafe and Fast food, Travellers store, duty-free and other shopping, foreign exchange, children’s play area
- Charters & Flying School: Multiflight Limited (01132 387130, www.multiflight.com)
- The Eagle Tavern, North Street, Sheepscar, Leeds (01132 457146). A little outside the town centre, this is a friendly Samuel Smiths pub with a well-kept range of ales.
- The Cross Keys, 107, Water Lane, Holbeck, Leeds (01132 433711, www.the-crosskeys.com). Traditional decor, but the food is more in the gastro-pub line. The focus here is on beers from the micro-breweries in the region.
- The Duck and Drake, 43, Kirkgate, Leeds (01132 465806, www.duckanddrake.com). Quite popular pub that serves a large range of pubs; known more as a venue for some great music from local performers.
- Anthony’s, 19, Boar Lane, leeds (01132 455922, www.anthonysrestaurant.co.uk). Elegant high end family-run restaurant that has a reputation as one of Leeds’ finest. Known for its innovative use of fresh ingredients.
- Haleys, 8, Shire Oak Road, Headingley, Leeds (01132 784446, www.haleys.co.uk). Elegant restaurant that does modern British food. They occasionally display work by local artists. (The Haley’s hotel which houses this restaurant is also a good option to stay in).
- Viva Cuba, 324, Abbey Street, Penzance (01132 750888). Comfortable restaurant that serves some good Cuban and Spanish food, including tapas.
- Britannia Leeds Bradford Airport Hotel, Leeds Road, Bramhope, Leeds (08712 220027, www.britanniahotels.com). At 2 miles away from the airport, this is one of the closest options for travellers stretched for time. It helps that the hotel itself is set in a fairly quiet location inside 3 acre grounds.
- The Queens, 1, City Square, Leeds (01132 431323, www.qhotels.co.uk). Interesting art-deco hotel located very conveniently in the town centre.
- Cresta Guest House, 3811, Street Lane, Leeds (01132 661706). Very comfortable family-run guesthouse on the outskirts of Leeds. This is a good option if you have some time and plan to explore the surrounding Yorkshire countryside.
- The Leeds and Bradford area is spoilt for choice when it comes to golf courses! A number of options can be found at this link, http://www.uk-golfguide.com/england/leeds~25048_area_courses.html
- Leeds is the only city in the UK, outside London, to have its own opera and ballet companies. Should you be so inclined, you can catch an opera (www.operanorth.co.uk) or ballet (www.northernballettheatre.co.uk) performance!
- The Yorkshire Sculpture Park (www.ysp.co.uk) is a unique and much-acclaimed open air park situated on estate grounds; it holds exhibitions of work by well-known British and international artists.
- Outdoor enthusiasts will be interested in a trip to the Chevin Forest Park (www.chevinforest.co.uk) nearby, which covers almost 500 acres of woodland and moorland.
- www.leedsliveitloveit.com, Information on living in and visiting Leeds
[…] compares reasonably well on price and facilities with similar regional airports in the UK such as Leeds Bradford, Edinburgh or Newquay. There are a couple of restaurants in or near the […]