Nearest town: Nottingham (6 miles by car from city centre), Nottinghamshire
- Winter: Mon-Sat 0900-1700; Sun 1000-1700
- Summer: Mon-Fri 0800-1700; Sat 0800-1800; Sun 0900-1800
Longest Runway: 1050m, Asphalt/Concrete
Fuel: AVTUR JET A1, AVGAS 100LL
Phone: 01159 811327 (ATC), 01159 815050 (Admin)
Landing Fees: Starts at £10 for a light single aircraft
Note: Nottingham is a PPR airfield; however, the airfield is also available outside published hours on advance notice.
- Handling: Truman Aviation (01159 815050)
- Taxis: DG Cars (01159 607607), Nottingham Cars (01159 700700), EMT Private Hire (08458 392137). Note: Taxis operate out of Nottingham, not from the airfield itself
- Car Hire: Avis (08706 086354, www.avis.co.uk), Hertz (01159 580575, www.hertz.co.uk), Europcar (01159 581644, www.europcar.co.uk). Note: Car Hire outlets operate out of Nottingham, not from the airfield itself
- Facilities at airport: Restaurant
- Flying Schools: Truman Aviation (01159 815050)
- The Trip to Jerusalem. Allegedly the oldest pub in England. A bit like visiting a hobbit hole as the pub is set into a sheer cliff face and several rooms are actually in the living rock.
- The Hand and Heart, 65, Derby Road, Nottingham (01159 582456). Unusual location for a pub – inside the sandstone caves of Nottingham! A good selection of ales and live music events every other day. If you’re interested, there is an independent art gallery of the same name above the pub.
- The Keans Head, 46, St. Mary’s Gate, Nottingham (01159 474052). Fairly small but popular and centrally located pub that mainly serves Castle Rock beers. It’s also a good place for food at any time during the day.
- Bunkers Hill Inn, 36-38, Hockley, Nottingham (01159 100114). Serves some excellent beers from the Nottingham brewery.
- The Larder on Goosegate, 16-22, Goosegate, Nottingham (01159 500111, www.thelarderongoosegate.co.uk). Modern British food in very comfortable and pleasant surroundings. Here, the focus is on seasonal ingredients; the steaks in particular are rated very highly.
- MemSaab, 12-14, Maid Marian Way, Nottingham (01159 570009, www.mem-saab.co.uk). Leagues above your usual curry house fare, this elegant Indian restaurant focuses on unusual Indian regional specialties.
- Antalya’s, Forman Street, Nottingham (01159 537788). Popular Greek restaurant that is good value for money.
- Park Plaza Nottingham, 41, Maid Marian Way, Nottingham (01159 477200, www.parkplaza.com). Elegant and centrally located hotel convenient for accessing all the usual tourist hot-spots if you need!
- Brown’s Old Orchard Cottage, Holbeck, Near Worksop, Nottingham (01909 720659). Not in the city itself, but this B&B is an ideal option for those who’d like a bit of rural quiet and comfort. Comfortable rooms and friendly service.
- Cockliffe Country House Hotel, Burntstump Hill, Nottingham (01159 680179, www.cockliffehouse.co.uk). A stylish four star hotel set amidst beautiful gardens.
- Beeston Fields Golf Club, Old Drive, Wollaton Road, Beeston, Nottingham (01159 257062, www.beestonfields.co.uk). An 80 year old course that has something for golfers of different abilities. Visitors welcome with reservations.
- Cotgrave Place Golf and Country Club, Stragglethorpe, Nottingham (01159 333344, www.cotgraveplacegolf.co.uk). A relatively new club that has not one but two 18-hole courses. Visitors welcome with reservations.
- Nottingham City Golf Club, Bulwell Hall Park, Norwich Gardens, Bulwell, Nottingham (01159 272767, www.nottinghamcitygolfclub.co.uk). 100 year club that hosts many popular events. Visitors welcome.
- Ruddington Grange Golf Club, Wilford Road, Ruddington, Nottingham (01159 211951, www.ruddingtongrange.com). A par-72 course set in beautiful parkland that includes water hazards. Visitors welcome.
- A visit to Nottingham castle is worth it, both for its interesting architecture and museum and for the great views over the countryside from its position on a hill overlooking the city.
- Visit Cresswell Crags (www.creswell-crags.org.uk), an archaeological site with records of Ice age life in Britain.