Nearest town: Prestwick (1.2 miles by car), Ayrshire, Scotland
Opening Times: 24 hours
Longest Runway: 2987m, Concrete/Asphalt
Fuel: AVTUR JET A1, AVGAS 100LL
Phone: 01292 511107
- Handling: Greer Aviation (01292 678252, email@example.com), Ocean Sky Jet Centre (01292 478961, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Taxis: Ayr Black Taxis (01292 471600, www.ayrblackcabs.co.uk)
- Car hire: Europcar (01292 678198, www.europcar.co.uk), Alamo (01292 671222, www.alamo.com), Avis (01292 477218, www.avis.co.uk), Hertz (01292 511281, www.hertz.co.uk)
- Facilities at airport: bar and restaurant, coffee pub, cafe and delicatessen, bureau de change, ATM, prayer room, , duty free and other shopping
- Charters: www.gpia.co.uk/AirFreight/charter/default.asp
- Flying Schools: Skylark Aviation/Prestwick Flying Club (01292 475583, www.prestwickflyingclub.co.uk), Prestwick Flight Centre (01292 476523, www.prestwickflightcentre.com)
- Cafe Bonne, Main Street, Prestwick , Ayrshire (01292 479 321). Proximity to the airport is one of its main advantages, but it also serves up a decent lunch for day-travellers.
- Tam O’Shanter Inn, 230, High Street, Ayr, Ayrshire (01292 611684). Tiny, convivial old pub in Ayr town centre. The food has been described as ‘delicious’.
- Geordies Byre, 103, Main Street, Wallacetown, Ayr, Ayrshire (01292 264925). Unassuming and locally popular pub that serves a good range of malt whiskies and ales.
- Elliots, 132, Main Street, Prestwick, Ayrshire (01292 677677, www.elliots-prestwick.com). Elegant, award-winning restaurant with a focus on using high quality ingredients innovatively.
- The Tudor, 8, Beresford Terrace, Ayr, Ayrshire (01292 261404). Friendly little restaurant that offers lunch and dinner as well as high tea and a good selection of home-baked goodies.
- Firhill, 3, Seabank Road, Prestwick, Ayrshire (01292 478225, www.bedandbreakfastprestwick.co.uk). A 5 minute drive away from the airport, this comfortable 100-year old renovated home with two guest rooms is possibly the closest option for airport users.
- Abbotsford Hotel, 14, Corsehill Road, Ayr, Ayrshire (01292 261506, www.abbotsfordhotel.co.uk). Besides comfortable rooms, extremely friendly service is the draw at this family run hotel, convenient for exploring Ayr and the surrounding region.
- Parkstone Hotel, Ardayre Road, Prestwick, Ayrshire (01292 477286, www.parkstonehotel.co.uk). This 3-star hotel is located at the Prestwick seafront which gives guests great views across the the Isle of Arran and the Firth of Clyde.
- Prestwick Golf Club, 2, Links Road, Prestwick, Ayrshire (01292 671020, www.prestwickgc.co.uk). A 100-year old club with an 18-hole course. Welcomes visitors.
- Prestwick St. Cuthbert Golf Club, East Road, Prestwick, Ayrshire (01292 477101, www.stcuthbert.co.uk). A challenging course with undulating greens awaits golfers at this club. Visitors welcome on weekdays.
- Prestwick St. Nicholas Golf Club, Grangemuir Road, Prestwick, Ayrshire (01292 477 608, www.prestwickstnicholas.com). Another 100-year old course, with great views of the Firth of Clyde. Visitors welcome except on Saturdays.
- Prestwick beach is considered a quiet and relaxing option for walking or just enjoying the sea breeze.
- Do the Lang Scots Mile, a one mile scenic walk along the Ayr sea coast, popular with tourists and locals alike.