Nearest town: Baginton (3nm from Coventry city centre), Warwickshire.
Phone: 02476 308 600 (Administration), 02476 308 638 (ATC).
Landing fees: Up to 5 tonnes, £12.00: Over 5 tonnes up to 60 tonnes, £15.00; Over 60 tonnes, £18.00.
Runway: 2008m x 46m, Asphalt.
Opening times: Summer – Mon-Fri 0700-2359; Sat & Sun 0700-1700. Winter – Mon-Fri 0800-0100; Sat & Sun 0800-1800.
Fuel: AVTUR JET A-1, AVGAS 100LL.
- Handling: Not mandatory for aircraft under nine tonnes. If handling required: Midwest Executive.
- Taxis: Allens (02476 555 555), Lewis (02476 666 666), and Central (02476 333 333).
- Car Hire: Budget (02476 228 100). Coventry car hire branches include Avis (08445 446 051), Europcar (02476 502 111), and National (2476 677 042).
- Nearest railway stations: Coventry 2.7m
- Passenger facilities: Hotels in the vicinity (1 mile). A 20 seat executive lounge available on request. First aid available from the Airport Fire Service. ATM Facility and Post box in South Terminal. Customs and immigration available on request.
- Flying schools: AWA Flying Group (www.flyawa.co.uk) and Coventry Aeroplane Club (02476 301 428, www.covaero.com)
- The White Horse, Kenilworth Road, Coventry (01676 533 207, www.thewhitehorseatbc.co.uk). Spacious, contemporary bar lounge serving generous portions of classics and rotisserie.
- Bull & Butcher, Common Lane, Corley, Coventry, West Midlands (01676 540 241). A classic countryside pub serving fabulous, truly home cooked meals.
- Town Wall, Bond Street, Coventry, Warwickshire (02476 220 963). Busy Victorian town local with real ales.
- Whitefriars, 114-115 Gosford Street, Coventry, Warwickshire (02476 251 655). Housed in a pair of well preserved medieval town houses with lots of ancient beams, timbers and furniture, flagstones, cobbles and coal fire.
- Simply Simpsons, 101-103 Warwick Rd, Kenilworth (01926 864 567, www.simplysimpsons.co.uk). Hearty and robust classically based dishes and tried-and-tested daily specials.
- Oscar’s, 39 Chandos St., Royal Leamington Spa (01926 452 807, www.oscarsfrenchbistro.co.uk). Accomplished French bistro cooking and noted for its steak specialities.
- Bosquet, 97a Warwick Rd., Kenilworth (01926 852 463, www.restaurantbosquet.co.uk). Contemporary French restaurant near centre of town.
- Old Mill Inn, Mill Hill, Baginton, Coventry (02476 302 241). A charming pub and hotel housed in a converted watermill whose origins date back to the Domesday Book.
- Britannia Royal Court Hotel, Tamworth Road, Coventry (08712 220 096). This 19th century manor house amid 11 acres of gardens and parkland has become the largest hotel in Coventry, complete with its own leisure club.
- Stoneleigh Park Lodge, Stoneleigh Park, Coventry (02476 690 123, stoneleighparklodge.com) Situated in the National Agricultural Centre, home to The Royal Show and just opposite The Royal Pavillion.
- Marriott Forest of Arden Golf Club, Maxstoke Lane, Meriden, Coventry, West Midlands (01676 522 335). One of the UK’s top hotel and golf venues, boasting 2 fine courses and a wide range of top class leisure facilities.
- Brandon Wood Golf Course & Driving Range, Brandon Lane, Wolston, Nr Coventry, West Midlands (02476 543 141, www.brandonwood.co.uk). In the heart of the countryside along the banks of the River Avon.
- St. Michael’s Cathedral, 1 Hill Top, Coventry (02476 521 200, www.coventrycathedral.org.uk). Coventry’s most notable landmark, the original 14th century cathedral was largely destroyed by German bombing during World War II.
- Warwick Castle, Warwick Castle, Warwick, Warwickshire (08704 422 000, www.warwick-castle.co.uk). Built by William the Conqueror on a bluff at a bend on the River Avon.
- Kenilworth Castle, Kenilworth, Warwickshire (01212 002 700). The retirement home of Henry V after Agincourt.
- National Motorcycle Museum, Coventry Road, Bickenhill, Solihull, West Midlands (01675 443311, www.nationalmotorcyclemuseum.co.uk). Easily the finest and largest motorcycle museum in the world.
- Midland Air Museum, Coventry Airport (02476 301 033, www.midlandairmuseum.co.uk). Adjacent to Coventry Airport, the museum displays a wide range of aircraft with a special emphasis on those made by Armstrong Whitworth (Hawker Siddeley Group).
- Coventry tourism information: www.visitcoventry.co.uk