Nearest town: Stratford-Upon-Avon (5m by car), Warwickshire. Also close to Warwick and Coventry.
- Winter: Daily 09:00 – S/S + 30 mins, or 17:30 (whichever earlier); winter night flying Wednesday, Friday and Saturday by arrangement.
- Summer: Daily 09:00 – 17:30 BST and by arrangement
Longest Runway: 917m, Asphalt
Fuel: AVTUR JET A-1, AVGAS 100LL
Phone: 01789 842007 (Admin), 01789 842000 (ATC)
Landing fees: from £10 singles, £15 twins
Note: Wellesbourne Mountford Airfield is unlicensed after 17:30; within published hours, no PPR is required.
- Taxis: Barford Cabs (01926 620096), Main Taxis, in Stratford (01789 415333), Teddy Bear Kabs (07771 622970), Wellesbourne Taxis, (07900 616783).
- Car Hire: Hertz (01789 298 827, www.hertz.co.uk). Note: by train station in Stratford-Upon-Avon, not on airfield.
- Facilities at airport: Touchdown Cafe with fine view of the runway.
- Flying schools: OnTrack Aviation (01789 842777, www.ontrackaviation.com), South Warwickshire Flying School (01789 840094, www.southwarwickshireflyingschool.com),.
- The Black Swan aka The Dirty Duck, Waterside, Stratford upon Avon, 01789 297312. The actors’ pub with great food.
- The Old Thatch Tavern, 23, Greenhill St, Stratford Upon Avon, 0871 917 0007. Atmospheric, old pub with dark and cozy interiors, and a real fire.
- The Windmill Inn, Church St, Stratford upon Avon, 0871 917 0007. A 350 year old pub known for its hearty lunches.
- Coconut Lagoon, 21 Sheep Street, Stratford-upon-Avon (01789 293546, www.coconutlagoon.com). Handy for the theatre.
- Vintners, 4 & 5 Sheep Street, Stratford upon Avon, (01789 297259, www.the-vintner.co.uk) . Good for a Sunday brunch.
- Drucker’s at Nash’s House, NULL Halls Croft, Stratford upon Avon (01789 297848). A little secret place for tea and a light lunch.
- The Charlecote Pheasant, Charlecote, Stratford upon Avon (0844 855 9126). Attractively located beside Charlecote Manor and Park and close to the river Avon
- Glebe Hotel, Church Street, Barford (01926 624218). 5 miles from the airfield, this is a church rectory converted to a small hotel.
- The Kings Head Inn, 39 Saltisford, Warwick (01789 840206, www.thekingsheadwarwick.com/). A 400 year old inn very close to Warwick castle.
- Alveston Manor Hotel, Clopton Bridge, Stratford-upon-Avon (0871 508 8768, www.alvestonmanor.co.uk). A 4-star hotel believed to be the site of the first performance of A Midsummer Night’s dream.
- Stratford-on-Avon Golf Club (1789 297 296, www.stratfordgolf.co.uk). Has a number of challenging holes for golfers of all aptitudes.
- Stratford Oaks Golf Club (01789 731980, www.stratfordoaks.co.uk).
- Ingon Manor Golf and Country Club (01789 731857, www.ingonmanor.co.uk). Set in 130 acres of countryside that includes a 14th century country house hotel.
- Wellesbourne Wartime Museum (01789 778816) on the airfield, open 10-4 on Sundays and Bank Holidays. Also on the airfield, a Vulcan Bomber (www.xm655.com).
- Charlecote Park (www.nationaltrust.org.uk), a lovely Tudor mansion house run by the National Trust, a fifteen-minute brisk walk to the North of the airfield.
- The Shakespeare Birthplace Trust (01789 204016, www.shakespeare.org.uk) owns five Elizabethan houses in Stratford and the local area, including the bard’s birthplace.
- Stratford-upon-Avon racecourse. (01789 267949, www.stratfordracecourse.net).
- Royal Shakespeare Company. (01789 403444, www.rsc.org.uk). Walking tours and small exhibitions as well as plays.
- British Motor Heritage Museum (01926 641188, www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk ) at Gaydon is about half an hour’s drive from Wellesbourne.
- Warwick Castle (www.warwick-castle.co.uk, 0870 442 2000) Well-run castle with all mod cons, including dungeons and peacocks.