Because I have been learning Dutch over the past year or so, I have been flying to Holland on a regular basis to practice both my flying and my (very poor) language skills.
Here are a few articles on this blog about my various Dutch flying experiences and some interesting places to visit when you get there.
- Flying into Lelystad airport (about 30m from Amsterdam)
- Video of a flight from Schiphol back to Denham
- Airport information for Rotterdam Airport
- Flying into Amsterdam Schiphol
- Mauritshuis museum in The Hague (to see the Girl with the Pearl Earring)
- La Rive restaurant in Amsterdam
- Parkheuvel restaurant in Rotterdam
I live 5 mins from the Mauritshuis and pass it everyday. If its your first visit – enjoy – its a gem of a museum and not just for Girl with a Pearl Earing.
Matthew Stibbe says
Lucky you. I have visited The Hague a few times and (like all of Holland, I think) it's a nice place to go. Do you have any other recommendations for places to visit there?