A big hat-tip to Sean of Loveplanes.co.uk for posting a list of where you can find commercial flight simulators in Britain. According to Sean, a full motion Boeing 737 simulator experience starting at 1 hour for £690 is available at Heathrow, Gatwick, Manchester and Southampton.
However and if that is beyond your budget or you’d rather spend that kind of money flying a real aircraft, Sean wrote that Virgin Experience Days offers a Boeing 737 flight simulator experience starting at £24.50 for 15 minutes at Shepards Bush, London. However, a quick search of the website (type in “flight simulators”) reveals a whole range of options and prices. Other options noted by Sean include:
- Virtual Aerospace (Boeing 737) starting at 30 Minutes for £99 at Sywell Aerodrome, Northhampton.
- iPilot (Boeing 737) from 15 minutes for £49 at Westfield shopping centre, London.
- Solo Aviation (Airbus A320, Boeing 737-300, Boeing 737-700, Boeing 737-800 & Boeing 747) starting from £45 for 15 minutes and full motion from £165 for 15 minutes at Gatwick, Southampton and Bournemouth.
- Real Simulation (Boeing 737) for 20 minutes from £149 at Harrogate.
- 747 Simulator (Boeing 747) for 1 hour from £65 at Coventry
A quick search of the Internet reveals possible Groupon deals for some of the above offerings along with Virtual Aviation which operates Airbus and Boeing flight simulators at several UK locations for what looks like to be more advance training:
Their price list would be the following:
With that in mind, we would like to ask any readers whether we have left out any good places where there are flight simulators available and whether you have visited some of the above flight simulators. Feel free to let us know in the comments section.
Leave a Reply